Welcome to the Barnabas Papers

Words that build, words that strengthen,
Words that challenge, words that inspire,
Words to transform, words of promise,
Words of peace, words of joy,
Words of life. Words of wonder.
Words of power.
Words are power.
Use yours well.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Who We Are PART 1

Who we are, who I am...the things I've been before and the kinds of doors I've opened before. The things I don't feel comfortable talking about. The things I may think of telling, but I think twice about.... "There is now therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..." - Romans 8:1. Who we are.

Do the things that I have gone through have any bearing on who I am? Do the experiences, the mistakes, the sorrows... do they change who I am? Or they merely influence? We are a sum total of the things we have gone through? But if that is true, then wouldn't that mean that our experiences define us? Yet I cannot be what I have been through, only who I have become through what I have been through. Or maybe what it's really about, what is really important, is not where I've been, but how I made it through...and who I have become along the way.

No comments: