Welcome to the Barnabas Papers

Words that build, words that strengthen,
Words that challenge, words that inspire,
Words to transform, words of promise,
Words of peace, words of joy,
Words of life. Words of wonder.
Words of power.
Words are power.
Use yours well.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Who We Are PART 2: Winners

How do winners lose? Like winners.

In the thrall of the fight stand I. Beat me down again - she shouts to the world - but know this - I WILL GET UP. Shout me down again - she cries - but know this much, whether whisper weak or whisper strong, my voice still shall be heard in your tumultuous throng WHETHER YOU WISH IT OR NOT - I really don't give a snot! YOU DEFINE ME NOT! Not trouble, not pain, it is when I rise again that the truth is revealed: of past failures I've been healed. Now who am i? I've been steeled to bend bows of iron - I"M A SURVIVOR! That's the song of ZIon. You define me not with your tedious tales of perceived greatness. I am great because I rise again, I am great becase I receive not the coward's stain - that cries "Give up! Give in! Give out!" My song, my cause is one: More than a conqueror - a daughter, a son.

"....Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but WE FOR AN IMPERISHABLE CROWN.
Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty.
Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air." **

How do winners lose?
Like winners of course.
Still standing.


** 1 CORINTHIANS 9:25-26

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."
- EPHESIANS 6:13

1 comment:

Fungai Tichawangana said...

"I WILL PERSIST UNTIL I SUCCEED.

I was not delivered into this world into defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep.

The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny. I will persist until I succeed."