Welcome to the Barnabas Papers

Words that build, words that strengthen,
Words that challenge, words that inspire,
Words to transform, words of promise,
Words of peace, words of joy,
Words of life. Words of wonder.
Words of power.
Words are power.
Use yours well.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Burning Bridges

You can spend your whole life waiting around for something to happen. Until maybe one day you realise that you are the one that is supposed to be happening. What is the point of all these words and talk about how great we are gonna be, how great I wanna be if it comes to no substance? that's a great question right there. What is the point? It's like how I have been hiding this blog in case all that I am writing is a load of hogwash that nobody wants to read anyway. It's like how I have been hiding out in my little bubble, Celsys bubble, afraid to step out and become who I am supposed to become, do what I know I am capable of doing. We have called the box home, not realising it is the enemy and that there is no box. There is no box.

Maybe it's time we burned some bridges. Maybe it's time we really stepped out from under the covers. Maybe it's time to step out of the box, step out of the dark holes in which we've been hiding and take on the world, take on our dreams, take on ourselves. Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to climb to the top of Mount Everest said, "it is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves." And therein lies our war. We are wrestling with ourselves. The war is to rise above self. What we accept, what we...permit, whether the words of others or our own, what we permit to define us, to rule us...these are things that we allow to have power over us. "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he..." so is he...

My life has been in chains
I've spent days hiding out from the rain
I've not tasted sunshine
or sought out mountains to climb

this hole has been my home
but I tell you, no more, I say no more
I'm gonna step out of myself
I'm gonna take my life off the shelf
Start living - that's my goal
i won't call this hole my home
i won't call this hole my home
i won't call this hole my home

"Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

- PSALM 61:2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great staff hey